UCSF Department of Surgery Yearlong Research Fellowship (UCSF-SURG)
The Department of Surgery and the Inquiry Funding Office will jointly fund one award per year for yearlong research after the third year of medical school.
- ~ $34,800/yr stipend
- Health insurance, if needed
- Loan capitalization payment, if applicable
- Includes graduation with Distinction in Yearlong Research
- UCSF students taking 12 months Leave of Absence for full-time research or scholarship.
- The Primary Mentor must be a UCSF Department of Surgery faculty member.
- Work must be performed at UCSF, SFGH, or BCHO.
- Requisite IRB or IACUC approvals must be sought prior to the start of the research period.
- Complete scholarly project and other assignments as required.
- Abstract and poster presentation at Inquiry Symposium
- Completion of Distinction in Yearlong Research