Inquiry Conference Travel & Dissemination Award
Applications must include verification of dissemination (oral presentation, poster, abstract, or other). Funding for one $600 award per medical student is guaranteed with verified dissemination. Applications are granted on a rolling basis and can occur either before or after the travel has been completed.
- Limited to registered UCSF Medical Students.
- Students on Leave of Absence from the School of Medicine are not eligible unless currently funded by the Inquiry Funding Office Yearlong Research Grant or a UCSF research program.
- Guaranteed one award per student during medical school for eligible expenses.
- Document of dissemination, such as poster or abstract acceptance, conference agenda, poster or workshop program with student name listed.
- For funding release, provide one original receipt for related expenses (e.g. registration fee, airfare, hotel, publication).
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to: airfare, registration fees, miscellaneous presentation materials (e.g. poster submission) or dissemination expenses (e.g. publication).
- Students will have 6 months from their award date to submit a Stipend Request Form, see below.
- Students who were awarded a conference grant under the previous policy are not eligible to receive another conference grant. Please note: retroactive funding for the difference between the previous and updated grant is not allowable.
The Inquiry Funding Faculty and Staff team are enthusiastic about helping UCSF medical students succeed in their research and funding applications.
Contact us with questions, concerns, or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application and payment is a two-step process. First, submit a request for approval here: Inquiry Conference Travel and Dissemination Application
When you are ready to request payment (after your application is approved), fill out the: Stipend Request Form.
Upon completion of travel, please complete the post-travel report and help us understand your total costs for this meeting and other funding sources received.