Inquiry Conference Presentation Award
For Academic Year 2021-2022: international travel to conferences and symposia continues to be suspended per University guidelines. Domestic travel is reimbursable.
Determine the date of application by applying within the same quarter as the planned conference, prior to the start of the conference. Funding availability is not guaranteed. To ensure that expenses will be reimbursed, application for this award is strongly encouraged prior to registration.
Winter: 1/1 – 4/2
Spring: 4/3 – 6/16
Summer: 6/17 - 9/12
Fall: 9/13 - 12/31
- Limited to registered UCSF Medical Students.
- Limited to one Award per student, per academic year.
- Multiple conference registrations and/or other expenses can be requested simultaneously in order to meet the one award limit per student, per academic year.
- Applications must be received prior to the start of the conference and during the same quarter in which the conference will be attended. However, if you are aware of an additional conference, and the date occurs less than one week after the start of a new quarter, you may submit for funding during the previous quarter. (E.g.: your conference is on 9/10 and the summer quarter ends on 9/6, you may apply during summer quarter). Retroactive requests are not accepted.
- Expenses can be processed only after the completion of the conference, event, or symposium.
- Original receipts and documented dissemination, such as conference agenda, poster or workshop attendance is required for reimbursement.
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to: registration fees, and miscellaneous presentation materials (e.g. poster submission).
The Inquiry Funding Faculty and Staff team are enthusiastic about helping UCSF medical students succeed in their research and funding applications.
Contact us with questions, concerns, or feedback.
Application and reimbursement are a two-step process, beginning prior to the start of the conference. First, submit a request for approval here: Conference Presentation Application Link
Reimbursements are issued via the Expense Reimbursement Form and the online MyExpense system, found in MyAccess. When you are ready to request reimbursement (after your application is approved, and after your conference has taken place), fill out the Expense Reimbursement Form and follow the instructions on adding a delegate in MyExpense.