Learn more about out the Zoom guides below
- Use these guides to create effective sessions using ZOOM, including how to set up ZOOM to schedule meetings, to send invitations to your attendees, to manage audio and video, to end meetings, and to facilitate meetings in rooms with video conferencing.
- We are regularly updating these documents. If you are unsure if you have the latest version, please check the time stamp in the footer of your document.
- Also, check out our Remote Learning page for UCSF School of Medicine faculty educators in the Bridges Curriculum.
- If you are directly involved with medical students and want further consultation on using ZOOM in educational projects or for complex meetings, contact iROCKET at [email protected] or 415-502-2800 to learn more.
Get started with Zoom
When using ZOOM, make sure that you:
Have the latest version of the ZOOM app, as well as any other software you'll be using with it (e.g. PowerPoint) installed.
Find out more about the latest Zoom updates relevant to remote learning (coming soon).
Wear a headset or earbuds with a built-in microphone, and make sure your audio is being captured from this microphone instead of your computer's built-in microphone. In almost all cases, this will dramatically improve upon how other remote participants hear your voice. The UCSF Library has some audio and video equipment available for check-out.
Consider adding your pronouns to your name because in our inclusive UCSF community, Pronouns Matter.
Don’t be the next victim of Zoom-Bombing! That’s right – it’s real and should be on your radar. What can you do?
Prepare for sessions
Create and manage recordings
Facilitate on-campus sessions
- ZOOM Guide for Participants -- Advanced for Mac Users
- ZOOM Guide for Participant -- Advanced for PC Users
- ZOOM Guide for Facilitators -- Basic
- Faculty Guide for Conducting Live Lectures Using Zoom
- Pre-Session Checklist for Conducting Live Lectures Using Zoom
- ZOOM Guide for Facilitators -- Advanced for Mac Users
- ZOOM Guide for Facilitators -- Advanced for PC Users
- ZOOM Facilitator Guide for Using a Meeting Owl