The Jaclyne Witte Boyden Award honors and recognizes exemplary service by School of Medicine staff in support of medical education.
Named for former Vice Dean Jackie Boyden, a strong advocate for the Academy’s establishment, recipients are awarded and recognized annually at the Academy’s Celebration of New Members.
Please join us to recognize these medical education staff as part of our Celebration of New Members on Wednesday, September 26 at 3pm. RSVP for this event.
- Submit now online at http://tiny.ucsf.edu/AMEstaffawards
- Nomination deadline: Monday, July 2, 2018
- An award is given for each category for a staff person in the School of Medicine only:
- Five or fewer years of service at UCSF
- More than five years of service at UCSF
- Recipients and nominees notified in August 2018
- Excludes Office of Medical Education (OME), School of Medicine Staff. OME staff can be nominated for the Exceptional Service in Medical Education
Recipients of this award receive the following appreciation gifts:
- One FastPay Gift card ($75 value)
- Supported expenses for one medical education-related professional development activity ($2000 max).
- This may cover registration fees, coach air, ground transportation, subsistence, and lodging, per UCSF policy, with the following requirements:
- The home department is expected to provide paid release time (not vacation leave).
Awardee submits funding request in advance to Karen Brent, for review by Boyden committee chair and AME director. Funds must be used by June 30 annually, following award announcement. Reimbursement request must be filed within three weeks following the activity/travel.