Academy Recognition for Educators and Staff
The Academy Recognizes Educators and Education Staff
- The Award for Exceptional Service in Medical Education established in 2018 this honors and recognizes exemplary service by Office of Medical Education (OME) staff who support medical education.
- The Boyden Award was established in 2004 to recognize a School of Medicine staff member who has shown exemplary service in support of medical education.
- The Cooke Award was established in 2007 with funds awarded to Molly Cooke, MD upon her receipt of the AAMC's AOA Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award. It is presented at Education Showcase to the authors of the most outstanding curriculum development and research projects.
- The Excellence in Teaching Awards were established in 2005. These are peer-nominated awards for UCSF teaching faculty, intended to highlight outstanding front-line teachers of medical students, residents, and fellows at all UCSF teaching sites who might otherwise go unrecognized.
- The Kim Award was established in 2002 by Edward Kim, MD, UCSF SOM alumnus, to promote the well-being, rejuvenation and work-life balance of an Academy member.
- The Service Award is given for outstanding service to the Academy.
- The Siu Award was created by Howard and Lettie Siu in honor of Richard Haber, MD, and presented in September, 2008 to two Academy members who best exemplify his passion for medicine and generosity of spirit.
Academy Promotes Members Recognized for Regional, National, and International Awards
Access Honors and Awards List 2018