The Jaclyne Witte Boyden Award honors and recognizes exemplary service by School of Medicine staff in support of medical education.
Named for former Vice Dean Jackie Boyden, a strong advocate for the Academy’s establishment, recipients are awarded and recognized annually at the Academy’s Celebration of New Members.
2018 Award Recipients
2018 Medical Education Staff Awardees were recognized as part of our Celebration of New Members on September 26.
- Dawnee Wong, House Staff Coordinator
Department of Medicine, ZSFG
- Sandi Borok, Curriculum Program Administrator
Department of Family and Community Medicine
- June to July 2019; Nomination deadline: July 15, 2019
- An award is given for each category for a staff person in the School of Medicine:
- Early Career Staff with five or fewer years of service at UCSF
- Mid-Level Career Staff with more than five years of service at UCSF
- Recipients and nominees notified in August 2019
- Excludes Office of Medical Education (OME), School of Medicine staff. OME staff are eligible for the Exceptional Service in Medical Education Award
This award is comprised of two components:
- One appreciation gift certificates ($75 value)
- Supported expenses for one medical education-related professional development activity ($2000 max).
- This may cover registration fees, coach air, ground transportation, subsistence, and lodging, per UCSF policy, with the following requirements:
- The home department is expected to provide paid release time (not vacation leave).
Awardee submits funding request in advance to [email protected], for review by Boyden committee chair and AME director. Funds must be used by June 30 annually, following award announcement. Reimbursement request must be filed within three weeks following the activity or travel.