The Jaclyne Witte Boyden Award honors and recognizes exemplary service by School of Medicine staff in support of medical education.
Named for former Vice Dean Jackie Boyden, a strong advocate for the Academy’s establishment, recipients are awarded and recognized annually at the Academy’s Celebration of New Members. 2019 Medical Education Staff Awardees to be recognized at the Celebration of New Members on September 25, 3-5pm, Room N-225, at the Parnassus campus. The 2019 submission cycle is now closed, but expect the 2020 call to be announced in late Spring 2020.
Congratulations to our 2019 Recipients:
Category: Five and Fewer Years of Service
Cindy Flores Gaytan
Integrated and Independent Interventional Radiology Programs
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
Category: Greater than Five Years of Service
Division of Education
Department of Pediatrics
2020 Submissions - To Be Announced Spring 2020
- Nomination deadline: early/mid July 2020
- An award is given for each category for a staff person in the School of Medicine:
- Early Career Staff with five or fewer years of service at UCSF
- Mid-Level Career Staff with more than five years of service at UCSF
- Recipients and nominees notified in August
- Excludes Office of Medical Education (OME), School of Medicine staff. OME staff are eligible for the Exceptional Service in Medical Education Award
This award is comprised of two components:
- One appreciation gift certificates ($75 value)
- Supported expenses for one medical education-related professional development activity ($2000 max).
- This may cover registration fees, coach air, ground transportation, subsistence, and lodging, per UCSF policy, with the following requirements:
- The home department is expected to provide paid release time (not vacation leave).
Awardee submits funding request in advance to [email protected], for review by Boyden committee chair and AME director. Funds must be used by June 30 annually, following award announcement. Reimbursement request must be filed within three weeks following the activity or travel. Award recipient also serves the following year on the Boyden committee to select the 2021 recipients for the exceptional service and Boyden staff awards.