Academy Events and Meetings
The Academy supports the growth of schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy teachers through formal faculty development activities and by sponsoring educational seminars, mentoring, colloquia, and retreats focused on graduate and undergraduate medical education. Academy members should plan to attend Academy-sponsored meetings and invite or encourage medical education colleagues to attend. These meetings are open to all UCSF faculty from all schools.
Past meetings may have materials, resources, and recordings available - scroll down to and click on the meeting date to expand the description.
2023 - 2024
AME Fall Meeting (In-Person): December 11 and December 13, 2023
The AME is hosting an in-person meeting for members with two dates and locations to choose from and focus on faculty development skill building.
Register for one AME Fall Meeting In-person Session:
- AME Fall Meeting 2023 - Mission Bay: Monday, December 11, 9 - 11 am, Room 1400, Mission Hall, Expanding Our Educational Practice in Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive and Intersectionally Sensitive Medical Education with CFE's visiting professor, Saleem Razack, MD
- AME Fall Meeting 2023 - Parnassus: Wednesday, December 13, 2 - 4 pm, Room CS-0101, Clinical Sciences Building, Expanding Our Educational Practice in Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive and Intersectionally Sensitive Medical Education, with CFE's visiting professor, Saleem Razack, MD
Dr. Razack is also presenting a Zoom Session on December 12, Tuesday, December 12, 12-1pm:
- AME/CFE Special Lecture: Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive Practice in Academic Medicine across the interconnected missions of education, research and clinical care: Tuesday, December 12, 12-1pm via zoom, with CFE's visiting professor, Saleem Razack, MD
Celebration of New Members, September 13, 2023
Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 2-5 pm
Pritzker Auditorium, Nancy Friend Pritzker Psychiatry Building
Mission Bay Campus and Zoom
2022 - 2023
AME Summer Meeting: Friday, June 16, 2023, 12-3:30 pm (Zoom and In-person)
We are planning to partner with our AME Education Technology Interest Group.
This meeting is being offered in-person and on Zoom.
- Lunch served for in-person attendees from Noon-1pm
- Meeting starts at 1:30 pm for all participants.
Education Showcase 2023: Monday, May 8 - Thursday, May 11
For more information go to our Education Showcase webpage:
- Abstract submissions and Guidelines
- Calendar of Events and Program Information
AME Winter Meeting - February 2023: Finding Joy in Mentorship
The Academy held Winter meetings on the following dates:
- Meeting #1: Monday, February13, 8:30-10:30 am, Mission Bay, In-person
- Meeting #2: Wednesday, February 15, 2-4 pm, Parnassus, In-Person
- Meeting #3: Wednesday, February 22, 1:30-3:30 pm, Online
- Meeting #4: Thursday, February 23, 10 am-Noon, Online
- Meeting #5: Friday, February 24, 8:30-10:30 am, Online
AME Fall Meeting - Wednesday, December 7, 3-5 pm, Zoom
This year's fall meeting was in partnership with the UC Center for Climate, Health, and Equity (UC-CCHE)
Materials from the meeting:
Celebration of New Members - Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 3-5pm
2021 - 2022
AME Summer Meeting - June 23, 2022
AME Summer Meeting was held on June 23, 2022
AME Winter Meetings - February 2022
AME Winter Meetings were held this past February 2022:
- Tues, Feb 1, 1:30-3:30 pm
- Mon, Feb 7 8:30-10:30 am
- Tues Feb 15 3-5 pm
- Thurs Feb 24, 8:30-10:30 am
- Mon Feb 28, 2-4 pm
Fall Meeting - December 10, 2021
Celebration of New Members - September 29, 2021
- AME conducts membership meetings on a seasonal basis; All meetings open to the educator community, non-members welcome to attend. Pre-registration is required and registration links are posted for each event.
- Click here to view CFE's calendar of special events and UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. These events are also open to all faculty at UCSF and Academy members are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Questions? Email Karen Brent, firstname.lastname@example.org, CFE Communications Analyst.
Past Academy Meeting Resources (MyAccess login required)
For information about applying to the Academy email Kathleen Land, email@example.com.