Faculty Leadership Development Opportunity: Apply for the Teaching Scholars Program 2019-2020
The Center for Faculty Educators invites members of the UCSF education community to apply for the 2019-2020 Teaching Scholars Program (TSP). Graduates of TSP often become health professions education leaders and scholars at UCSF and beyond.
Sortable list participants from the past 20 years
Below are key points about the program and commitment:
- Mission: To create a cadre of knowledgeable and skilled education leaders for UCSF.
- Ideal candidates: Faculty members who wish to make education their primary area of responsibility (e.g., potential or current course directors, clerkship directors, residency program directors, educational committee participants and those who want to focus their scholarship in education).
- Program goals: Participants will develop their teaching, curriculum development, educational scholarship, and academic leadership skills. Additionally, they will contribute to UCSF through participating in curricular and faculty development offerings.
- Structure: 12 to 15 scholars will be chosen for the one-year program starting on September 10, 2019. The program consists of weekly Tuesday afternoon integrative seminars, workshops, and a UCSF-focused curricular innovation and/or education research project with the expectation of dissemination of the project through presentation and/or publication. Note: There will be limited formal meetings in July and August so that scholars can work independently on their projects.
- Deadline for receipt of applications: April 1.
- Notification of acceptance: May 1-May 15.
More information: Full program description and application instructions
Directors: Patricia O'Sullivan, EdD and Bridget O’Brien, PhD
Sponsor: Center for Faculty Educators, Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine
If you have trouble with the link or questions about the program, please contact Victoria Ruddick, Faculty Development Manager, at email@example.com.