Self-Directed Teaching (or Educator) Resources
Don't have time to attend a workshop? Prefer to do module online at midnight? Here are some resources for you.
CFE Independent Learning Resources
- AME Events and Meetings
The Academy supports the growth of schools of UCSF teachers through formal faculty development activities and by sponsoring educational seminars, mentoring, colloquia, and retreats focused on graduate and undergraduate medical education.
- CFE Outcomes and Success Stories
- Clinical Faculty Resources (LACE)
For clinical supervisors, including faculty, fellows and residents. Resources organized by topic area.
- Continual Professional Learning Space
Learning materials and links for UCSF Educational Skills Workshops offered by the Center for Faculty Educators.
- Educator's Portfolio
The Educator's Portfolio (EP) is a way to document your educational accomplishments for academic promotion.
- Med Ed Grand Rounds Archive (video library)
The Center for Faculty Educators archives recorded Med Ed Grand Rounds lectures.
Medical Education Policies
Medical Education Teaching Resources
- AOC Initiative Resources for the Clinical Learning Environment
Anti-Oppression Curriculum Initiative leadership team has organized a curated list of brief (1-2 page) articles and short videos designed for clinical teachers.
- Bridges Faculty Development: Foundations 2 Resources
Resources for faculty on clinical reasoning and other skills relevant to F2.
- DEI Resources
Resources and materials to further your learning in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Differences Matter Initiative
UCSF has made a commitment to advancing health worldwide. Fulfilling this commitment requires that we tackle and solve today’s most challenging problems in biomedical science and healthcare, for everyone. Diverse teams, including people from different backgrounds and with different life experiences, are better at solving complex problems.
- Equity in Assessment Guidelines and Checklist
Guidelines for good assessment practices and strategies to avoid harmful bias in assessments.
Teaching Opportunities in the Bridges Curriculum
Teaching opportunities for faculty from all disciplines - from first-time teachers to expert educators.
- Teaching by Zoom
Use these guides to create effective sessions using Zoom videoconferencing.
- UCSF Educator's Tech Toolkit
A core list of essential technologies every educator at UCSF should know to teach health professions learners.
Other UCSF Teaching Resources
- Anti-Racism Primer and Toolkit for Medical Educators
A structured approach to equip new and existing faculty with tools to engage learners in topics of health disparities, social justice, bias, and racism in the classroom and clinical environment.
- Center for Innovation in Interprofessional Education
Ensuring that students and trainees in health professions build an interprofessional skill set that will ultimately increase patient safety, reduce errors, maximize efficiencies, and improve quality of care.
- UCSF Faculty Mentoring Program
Ensuring that all UCSF faculty have access to quality mentoring and that mentoring is recognized across the campus as a key aspect of faculty life.
- UCSF Library Classes
Free workshops and special events brought to you by UCSF Library staff.
- UCSF Office of Diversity and Outreach
A central resource on campus and health system for internal and external community members highlighting news and programming that foster a collaborative culture.
Online Learning Catalogs (outside UCSF)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Speaker Resources
- Covid-19 Resources, Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Beyond Bigots and Snowflakes
A set of videos designed to be a starting point for conversations on sensitive and controversial issues. By Ilana Redstone.
- Educator Training Resources: Online learning for the development of healthcare educators
From NHS - Health Education England. The Educator Training Resources (ETR) program contains eLearning sessions for clinical educators and supervisors across the healthcare professions. This multiprofessional resource is applicable to those who are teaching, supervising, and assessing learners in practice.
- Essential Skills in Medical Education (ESME) Online Courses
The need for doctors, scientists and others involved with teaching in the healthcare professions to have training in teaching is widely recognized. The AMEE Essential Skills in Medical Education (ESME) Online course has been designed to meet this need.
Faculty Development for Medical Educators (FD4ME)
An online faculty development and continuing education program created for busy health professional educators. From The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
- Santa Clara University's Digital Resources for Teaching
A resource for ideas, examples and inspiration for faculty, created by The Collaborative for Teaching Innovation and Faculty Development Offices at Santa Clara University.
- The Teaching Academy, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Online resources, including a Guide to Writing Learning Objectives, from the University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine,
- University of Toronto Center for Faculty Development's Resource Hub
The Resource Hub houses faculty development resources for health professions education.