Academy Events and Meetings
The Academy supports the growth of schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy teachers through formal faculty development activities and by sponsoring educational seminars, mentoring, colloquia, and retreats focused on graduate and undergraduate medical education. Academy members should plan to attend Academy sponsored meetings and invite or encourage medical education colleagues to attend. These meetings are open to all UCSF faculty from all schools.
Past meetings may have materials, resources, and recordings available - scroll down to select the meeting and click on the "plus" sign.
Fall Meeting 2019 - Wednesday, December 11
- Register Online: Wednesday, December 11, 3-5pm. Room MH-1406, Mission Hall, Mission Bay.
Winter Meeting 2020 - February/March
- Site-based: attendees can choose from any campus location.
- Focused interactive opportunity for Academy members and colleagues to get to know each other better and work on Academy-specific projects through small group work and discussion.
- February and March expected dates; posted in January 2020.
- Campus times and locations to be determined, with a variety of morning and afternoon locations.
- In-person meeting will also include UCSF Fresno campus.
Education Showcase and Accelerated Path (Teach for UCSF Certificate Program) - May 14-16, 2020
- Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses
- Academy members should plan to attend all or part - goes towards Academy service
- For more information on Education Showcase
Summer Meeting 2020 - Special 20th Anniversary Meeting - Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Please save the date for our kick-off 20th anniversary event!
- Meeting: 3-5 pm
- Reception and Dinner (invitation only): 5-7 pm
- June: Wednesday, June 24, location to be determined
- AME conducts membership meetings on a seasonal basis; All meetings open to the educator community, non-members welcome to attend. Pre-registration is required and registration links are posted for each event.
- Click here to view CFE's calendar of special events and UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. These events are also open to all faculty at UCSF and Academy members are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Transportation Information: Please check online for UCSF Shuttle information, public parking near UCSF campuses, and UCSF's parking permit usage.
- Questions? Email Karen Brent, [email protected], CFE Communications Analyst.
Past Academy Meeting Resources available online (open access)
For information about applying to the Academy email Kathleen Land, [email protected].