Academy Events and Meetings
The Academy supports the growth of schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy teachers through formal faculty development activities and by sponsoring educational seminars, mentoring, colloquia, and retreats focused on graduate and undergraduate medical education. Academy members should plan to attend Academy sponsored meetings and invite or encourage medical education colleagues to attend. These meetings are open to all UCSF faculty from all schools.
- Tuesday, September 24, Workshop: Register for Learner advancement in health professions training, making defensible decisions. 9-11am, Room N-527 (School of Nursing) led by keynote speaker, H. Carrie Chen, MD, PhD.
- Wednesday, September 25, 3-5pm, Room N-225, Parnassus campus | Register for the Celebration 2019.
Fall Meeting 2019
- Wednesday, December 11, 3-5pm. Time and location to be determined. Zoom will be made available to participants unable to attend in-person. Stay tuned for more details in September.
Winter Meeting 2020
- Site-based: attendees can choose from any campus location.
- Focused interactive opportunity for Academy members and colleagues to get to know each other better and work on Academy-specific projects through small group work and discussion.
- February and March expected dates; posted in January 2020.
- Campus times and locations to be determined, with a variety of morning and afternoon locations.
- In-person meeting will also include UCSF Fresno campus.
Summer Meeting 2020
- Meeting and Reception: 3-5:30
- June: date, time, and location to be determined
Academic Year 2018-2019
Fall Meeting 2018
Winter Site-based Meetings 2019
At our site-based meetings for February and March, we create a focused interactive opportunity for Academy members and colleagues to get to know each other better and work on Academy-specific projects through small group work and discussion. Every year, we offer meetings at Mount Zion, Mission Bay, Parnassus, SF VAMC, ZSFG, and Fresno campuses.
Academy members are expected to attend one of the meetings from a group of campus options.
Summer 2019 Meeting
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- City Lights and Golden Gate Room, Millberry Union, Parnassus campus
- AME conducts membership meetings on a seasonal basis; All meetings open to the educator community, non-members welcome to attend. Pre-registration is required and registration links are posted for each event.
- Click here to view CFE's calendar of special events and UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. These events are also open to all faculty at UCSF and Academy members are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Transportation Information: Please check online for UCSF Shuttle information, public parking near UCSF campuses, and UCSF's parking permit usage.
- Questions? Email Karen Brent, [email protected], CFE Communications Analyst.
For information about applying to the Academy email Kathleen Land, [email protected].