Detailed Application Instructions
Step 1: Consultation
|We recommend requesting consultations prior to application submission
Step 2: Application Submission
Send us the following in the order indicated, with page numbers and study name on each page:
- Application Face Sheet
- Narrative Research Proposal. Three-five pages, single-spaced, including:
- Specific Aims
- Hypotheses/research questions
- Supporting literature
- Theoretical/conceptual framework
- Preliminary work (if applicable)
- Subjects and setting
- Power calculation (if possible/relevant)
- Intervention (if applicable)
- Measures (include validity or plan to address)
- Planned analyses
- Study Timeline
- Bibliographic References
- Application Budget Form
- Complete the budget form.
- Write a budget justification for the following categories of expenses:
- Personnel: roles and time commitment for faculty involved, and what the faculty member(s), and any student, trainee or research assistant, will be doing.
- Other expenses: rationale for any other budgeted items listed in the budget form
- Allowable expenses: research assistant time, transcription, participant incentives, materials, equipment (except computer hardware), software, travel to research sites.
- Non-allowable expense examples: faculty release time, memberships, journal subscriptions, meeting travel, computer hardware.
- Current CVs in UCSF format for all participating faculty.