Education Research Seed Grant Program
CFE offers a small grants program with up to $5000 per project for UCSF faculty to pursue education research efforts for health professions learners at all levels of development (undergraduate, graduate, and continuing.) These grants support research costs such as: research assistant, equipment, data collection, preparation and analysis, software, participant recruitment, production of materials, or dissemination.
Eligible faculty must be mentored by CFE faculty or UCSF faculty with education research expertise. Priority is given to individuals enrolled in advanced education programs sponsored by the CFE.
- Increase research productivity in health professions education at UCSF
- Support the CFE education research areas, including research on the Bridges Curriculum:
- Clinical and procedural teaching
- Educational theories and frameworks
- Cognitive load theory
- Situated learning/Communities of practice
- Identity development
- Workplace learning
- Effect of teaching and curriculum on patient care
- Faculty development
- Innovative assessment approaches
- Interprofessional education