Extramural Course or Clerkship Application Forms
Away Rotations (VSAS Program) 2023 - 2024 Update
Away Rotations will continue to operate normally for the 2023 - 2024 Cycle.
Please note the following:
- It is REQUIRED that you fill out an Extramural Course or Clerkship Application Form. If the form has not been fully signed then you cannot go on an Away rotation.
- You cannot rotate at an institution if a Training Affiliation has not been set up with UCSF. You can check the Training Affiliation Agreement Report. If an affiliation has not been set up, you can reach out to Visiting Student Manager Valerie Jones to start an affiliation.
- International away rotations will need the approval of Travis Pentz, who will guide you through the process
- You will need to adhere to current UCSF Travel Guidelines.
- Contact Career Launch Advisor Wenia Lee with an questions regarding your schedule.
The 2023 - 2024 Away Rotation cycle is subject to change or be cancelled depending on the pandemic and UCSF Travel Guidelines. Please contact the Visiting Student Program manager Valerie Jones for any questions or your Career Launch Advisor Wenia Lee for scheduling support.
- If you haven’t already activated your UCSF DocuSign account, please follow these instructions:
- Login to MyAccess: https://myaccess.ucsf.eduhttps://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- Scroll down to “DocuSign – UCSF” and click on the link to DocuSign. This will initiate creating your account if you don’t already have one (the account creation takes a minute or so).
- Once signed in, you will see a status box, as well as help resources should you want more info about DocuSign.
- Select the link below for the corresponding department's extramural course form (Domestic OR International).
- Follow the instructions for completing the form at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the rotation. Please note that you are required to attach a description of the rotation. Your form will be sent electronically to the listed Instructor of Record.
- When the course is approved, you will receive an email confirmation. If you have attached documents that require a seal, please come by S-245 to pick up your documents after you have received a COMPLETED application email notification.
For questions contact Career Launch Advisor Wenia Lee.
Domestic Courses and Clerkships
|Department Domestic Extramural Course Approval Form||Instructor of Record|
|Domestic form forAnesthesia and Perioperative Care||Kristine Breyer|
|Domestic form forDermatology||Tim Berger|
|Domestic form forEmergency Medicine||Aaron Harries|
|Domestic form forEpidemiology||George Rutherford|
|Domestic form forFamily & Community Medicine||Mike Potter|
|Domestic form forMedicine||Cindy Lai|
|Domestic form forNeurology||Megan Richie|
|Domestic form forNeurosurgery||Manish Aghi|
|Domestic form forObstetrics & Gynecology||Naomi Stotland|
|Domestic form forOphthalmology||Neeti Parikh|
|Domestic form forOrthopaedic Surgery||Nicole Schroeder|
|Domestic form forOtolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery||Chase Heaton|
|Domestic form forPathology||Raga Ramachandran|
|Domestic form forPediatrics||Sara Buckelew|
|Domestic form forPsychiatry||Descartes Li|
|Domestic form forRadiology||Emily Webb|
|Domestic form forRadiation Oncology||Steve Braunstein|
|Domestic form forSurgery||Matthew Lin|
|Domestic form forUrology||Alan Shindel|
International Courses and Clerkships