Monthly Equity and Justice in Education Works-in-Progress Meetings - Starts October 6
The Center for Faculty Educators will host Equity and Justice in Education (EJE), pronounced (“edge”).
Works-in-Progress meetings which empower educators, educational researchers, and learners to utilize rigorous educational research methodology to identify bias and unequal power distribution to advance equitable and inclusive solutions in opportunity and achievement across the continuum of health sciences education.
- The aims of the EJE are to:
- Promote, support, and guide educational scholarship on equity, justice, diversity, and inclusion in health sciences education
- Question ongoing educational practices to investigate implicit and explicit inequities along the continuum of health sciences education
- Translate outcomes from research into solutions for equity in education practice
- Create a tight-knit community of education equity scholars who learn from, provide ongoing feedback to, and work with one another to generate quality educational research
- Ultimately, produce research leaders committed to advancing scholarship and science in the education equity and justice
Sign up to participate and receive meeting notifications EJE Mailing LIst
Save the Date:
EJE Kickoff Meeting
Tuesday, October 6
Who Can Attend?
The monthly EJE will be open to health science education scholars, educators, and learners working on scholarship in equity, justice, diversity, and inclusion.
What to Expect?
- EJE will encourage faculty and learners from all departments and levels to present and refine their scholarship through works-in-progress monthly meetings and a peer-review system for equity-focused grants and manuscripts.
- EJE will also occasionally include a special speaker series and journal clubs on timely topics of interest to the research community.
- The EJE community will be made aware of and connected in to CFE sessions that would be helpful to them such as Medical Education Grand Rounds, Research Certificate offerings, and Writing workshops.
When and Where?
- The EJE will be monthly and one-hour in length.
- To meet its aims, regular attendance is at EJE is encouraged although guests are welcome.
- EJE will commence October 2020 and alternate on every month between the first Tuesday of the month at 2 pm and first Thursday of the month at noon.
- The first meeting will be set for October 6, 2020 at 1 pm.
Who Will Co-Lead EJE?
- EJE is a community of like-minded individuals working toward a common cause.
- The sessions are open for sign up for those interested in sharing their work.
- The co-leads who will be responsible for setting up the schedule for and facilitating discussion at EJE are Denise Connor, Michelle Guy, Kate Lupton, Arianne Teheran
For more information, email Maria Pappas, email@example.com.