Extramural Course or Clerkship Application Forms
Away Rotations (VSAS Program) 2021 - 2022 Update
UCSF will allow Away Rotations for the 2021 - 2022 Cycle and will be following guidelines set by The Coalition for Physician Accountability’s Work Group on Medical Students Moving Across Institutions for Post Graduate Training.
Please note the following program dates, which are subject to change or cancellation:
- Beginning on April 15th, UCSF medical students may apply for and schedule in-person away rotations with a date that concludes in July or later. This means students may start an away rotation as early as June, providing the rotations ends in July or later.
- Currently you will only be allowed to do one Away Rotation.
- International away rotations have not been approved at this time.
- You will need to adhere to current UCSF Travel Guidelines.
The dates above and the reopening of Away Rotations are all subject to change or be cancelled depending on the pandemic and final recommendations by the Coalition. Please contact the Visiting Student Program manager Valerie Jones (Valerie.Jones2@ucsf.edu) for any questions or your Career Launch Advisor Wenia Lee (Wenia.Lee@ucsf.edu) for scheduling support.
- If you haven’t already activated your UCSF DocuSign account, please follow these instructions:
- Login to MyAccess: https://myaccess.ucsf.eduhttps://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- Scroll down to “DocuSign – UCSF” and click on the link to DocuSign. This will initiate creating your account if you don’t already have one (the account creation takes a minute or so).
- Once signed in, you will see a status box, as well as help resources should you want more info about DocuSign.
- Select the link below for the corresponding department's extramural course form (Domestic OR International).
- Follow the instructions for completing the form at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the rotation. Please note that you are required to attach a description of the rotation. Your form will be sent electronically to the listed Instructor of Record.
- When the course is approved, you will receive an email confirmation. If you have attached documents that require a seal, please come by S-245 to pick up your documents after you have received a COMPLETED application email notification.
For questions contact Wenia Lee.
Domestic Courses and Clerkships
|Department Domestic Extramural Course Approval Form||Instructor of Record|
|Domestic form forAnesthesia and Perioperative Care||Kristine Beyer|
|Domestic form forDermatology||Tim Berger|
|Domestic form forEmergency Medicine||Eric Silman|
|Domestic form forEpidemiology||George Rutherford|
|Domestic form forFamily & Community Medicine||Mike Potter|
|Domestic form forMedicine||Cindy Lai|
|Domestic form forNeurology||Vanja Douglas|
|Domestic form forNeurosurgery||Manish Aghi|
|Domestic form forObstetrics & Gynecology||Naomi Stotland|
|Domestic form forOphthalmology||Jacque Duncan|
|Domestic form forOrthopaedic Surgery||Nicole Schroeder|
|Domestic form forOtolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery||Anna Meyer|
|Domestic form forPathology||Raga Ramachandran|
|Domestic form forPediatrics||Sara Buckelew|
|Domestic form forPsychiatry||Descartes Li|
|Domestic form forRadiology||Emily Webb|
|Domestic form forRadiation Oncology||Penny Sneed|
|Domestic form forSurgery||Matthew Lin|
|Domestic form forUrology||Kirsten Greene|
International Courses and Clerkships