Award for Exceptional Service in Medical Education
The AME's new Award for Exceptional Service in Medical Education honors and recognizes exemplary service by Office of Medical Education (OME) staff in the School of Medicine
Recipient is specially recognized in September at the Academy’s Celebration of New Members and will receive a framed certificate, acknowledgement by letter, and be an invited guest to our Celebration reception.
Congratulations to our 2018 Recipient
The 2018 medical education staff recipient was recognized as part of our Celebration of New Members on Wednesday, September 26.
- Victoria Ruddick
Faculty Development Manager
Center for Faculty Educators
In addition, recipients receive the following rewards:
- Bear Hugs or gift certificate of their choice ($75 value)
- Supported expenses for one medical education-related professional development activity ($2000 max)
- The home department is expected to provide paid release time (not vacation leave).
- Awardee submits funding request in advance to Karen Brent, for review by Boyden committee chair and AME director.
- Funds must be used by June 30 the fiscal year of award presentation.
- Reimbursement request filed within three weeks following the activity/travel.
This may cover registration fees, coach air, ground transportation, subsistence, and lodging, per UCSF policy, with the following requirements:
We recommend that nominators have suggestions in mind of at least one if not a range of appropriate professional development activities for their nominee, if selected.
Call for 2019 will start in May 2019 - Questions? Please email Karen Brent, [email protected].