Education Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
Covid-19 Update on Center for Faculty Educators (CFE) Events
We will continue to offer live online workshops for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Faculty Development Team
Center for Faculty Educators
What is the Education Scholarship Conference (ESCape)?
ESCape is a weekly lunchtime “brown bag” group scholarship consultation session that provides the opportunity to consult with education researchers and other colleagues in a friendly group setting. Generally, 5-10 education research faculty attend.
Who can participate?
Anyone with an interest in medical education research can participate in ESCape sessions.
- Educators with a new or established interest in medical education research, including learners, faculty, and staff.
- Experienced faculty in education research, and education leadership
During these sessions, participants will:
- Receive interprofessional and interdisciplinary peer consultation for their own education proposals and projects from initial idea to submission, to gain multiple perspectives in an efficient way. For instance:
- Choosing a framework to support curriculum development ideas and proposals
- Applying educational theory and methods
- Presenting education proposals, funded and unfunded, for submission or delivery
- Provide critique to others on their abstracts, papers, and presentations prior to submission or presentation.
- Improve scholarly rigor of UCSF education proposals and projects.
When and where do I join?
ESCape sessions are every Tuesday from noon to 1 pm, via Zoom.
Remote Access (via Zoom):
- Please contact Maria Pappas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access information.
We recommend that ESCape presenters prepare a brief (5-10 minute) elevator pitch of their project and propose several specific questions for the ESCape group. The remainder of the session will be spent discussing the questions proposed.
To get the most from your ESCape consultation please send your manuscript, summary of data, questions for consideration, to CFE by the Friday before your session.
- Learn About Journals That Publish Health Professions Education Research
- Research Skills Development and Support
If you have any questions, please contact Maria Pappas, MS, MA, CAPM, CFE Faculty Development Coordinator at email@example.com.