Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
Improve the quality and depth of the teaching skills of UCSF faculty.
The program creates defined educational paths so that individuals can develop focused teaching skills and receive a certificate in recognition of achievement. The program is popular with faculty, residents, fellows, and volunteer clinical professors at UCSF and at affiliated institutions. Participants complete specific sets of UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. Credit toward the certificate is given after demonstration of competence through assessments that are completed during each workshop.
Currently, certificate tracks include:
- General Teaching: Beginning in 2022, applicants to the Teaching Scholars Program must hold a Teach for UCSF Certificate in General Teaching.
- Clinical Teaching
- Simulation Teaching Workshops
- Interprofessional Teaching Workshops
- Teaching Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QI/PS)
- Education Leadership
- Teaching for Equity and Inclusion (NEW): coming soon
The Teach for UCSF Certificate Program aims to:
- Provide an accessible way for faculty and trainees to discover and pursue an interest in improving their educational skills.
- Develop faculty with depth of expertise in specific teaching theme areas.
- Increase the capacity and satisfaction of UCSF faculty as educators.
- Publicly recognize faculty who improve their educational skills.
- Create a skilled educator community that is able to support ongoing curricular renewal.