Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
Improve the quality and depth of the teaching skills of UCSF faculty.
The program creates defined educational paths so that individuals can develop focused teaching skills and receive a certificate in recognition of achievement. The program is open to current and future faculty (e.g., residents, fellows, volunteer faculty) at UCSF and at affiliated institutions. Participants complete specific sets of UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. Credit toward the certificate is given after demonstration of competence through assessments that are completed during each workshop.
Currently, certificate tracks include:
- General Teaching Certificate track: skills for classroom-based teaching in a health sciences setting.
- Clinical Teaching Certificate track: skills for teaching in a clinical environment.
- Simulation Teaching Certificate track: skills for teaching with simulation.
- Interprofessional Teaching Certificate track: skills for designing and leading interprofessional education.
- Teaching Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QI/PS) Certificate track: skills for teaching QI/PS in didactic and clinical settings.
- Education Leadership Certificate track: skills for health professions education leadership and mentorship.
The Teach for UCSF Certificate Program aims to:
- Provide an accessible way for faculty and trainees to discover and pursue an interest in improving their educational skills.
- Develop faculty with depth of expertise in specific teaching theme areas.
- Increase the capacity and satisfaction of UCSF faculty as educators.
- Publicly recognize faculty who improve their educational skills.
- Create a skilled educator community that is able to support ongoing curricular renewal.