Teaching Scholars Program (TSP)
The Teaching Scholars program develops educational leaders and scholars through an intensive seminar series, mentored projects, a network of educational colleagues, and collaborative learning.
To prepare and build a community of educators at UCSF committed to a scholarly approach to education, contributing to education scholarship, and advancing equity and justice in health professions education.
TSP Program Goals
- Advance scholars’ knowledge, skills, and values through an anti-oppressive and social justice foundation in the following areas:
- Learning Theory
- Education Research
- Education Leadership and Career Development
- Build a strong network among scholars that endures beyond TSP and sustains their commitment to advancing scholarship, equity, and social justice in health professions education
- Support the development of the scholars as educational leaders
- Mentor scholars to design, implement, and disseminate a scholarly educational product (e.g., curriculum development or education research) that aligns with UCSF’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression.