Detailed Information for Planners and Coordinators
Our accreditation and educational development team is available to help you with applying and designing your interventions, for continuing education credits.
- Activity development and instructional design
- Assistance with the CME application
- Preparation and presentation of the application to CME Committee Reviewers
- Review and approval of publicity
- Review and approval of syllabus/handout materials
- Management of content review
- Guidance to obtain health professions certifications (Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, etc.)
- Guidance to obtain medical subspecialty credits (AAFP, ACOG, ACEP, etc.)
- Promotional assistance and guidance
- Compliance with rules and standards of a number of accreditors
- Activity posting on the UCSF CME website
- Training for coordinators and planners
- Assistance with identifying and resolving conflicts of interest in CE activities
Our registration services use the latest technological capabilities to ensure a streamlined experience for your conference attendees. We offer registration plans that incorporate convenient advance registration, and four options for revenue collection (On-line, Mail, Fax, Telephone) via cash, checks, visa, mastercard, american express, wire transfers and intercampus transfers. We provide educational grants management and same day fund distribution for commercial support revenue as requested. All UCSF sponsored courses receive guaranteed promotional posting on our website. We retain records for six years and will provide registrant mailing labels and duplicate receipts / certificates upon receipt. Your registration packet will include:
- Master Roster
- Colored Name Badges (Registrants / Exhibitors / Faculty)
- Check-In, Sign-In, Session Rosters
- Statistical and Demographic Reports
- On-site Registration Materials (Forms, Receipt Books, Balance Sheet)
- CME Certificates
- Financial Reporting
Graphic design and marketing (brochures, eBlasts, websites)
Services are included for all OCME-planned conferences and available to other departments on a fee basis.
Our design services and products may include:
- Email marketing campaigns
- Posters and signage
- Print handling and printing coordination
- Coordination of mailing services
Evaluations and Program Assessment
- New Activities: Use a blank template to show what questions you will ask
- Repeat Activities: Include (1) an evaluation summary if you have not already turned one into us as part of closing for the prior activity and (2) any new questions you intend to ask or a note that questions will be identical to those in the evaluation summary
Follow-Up Evaluation Summary (**Required for all activities where actual changes made in practice cannot be reported during the activity/ are not asked in the course evaluation.)
- New Activities: Use a blank template to show what questions you will ask- include the questions from the follow-up evaluation template
- Repeat Activities: Include (1) an evaluation summary and (2) any new questions you intend to ask or a note that questions will be identical to those in the evaluation summary
Audience Response System
The UCSF Office of Continuing Medical Education utilizes an Audience Response System powered by Turning Technologies.
Maintenance of Certification Part IV Approval Program (MOCAP)
The UCSF Maintenance of Certification Part IV Approval Program (MOCAP) is an approved sponsor of the ABMS Multi-Specialty Portfolio Approval Program. MOCAP helps UCSF physicians meet their quality improvement (Part IV: Improvement in Medical Practice) board requirements.
MOCAP works with physician leaders and the UCSF Quality Review Board to approve quality improvement projects to ensure that MOC IV standards and requirements are met. Once the project is approved for MOC IV, credit is awarded to participating physicians.
ACCME Criteria Toolkit (Practice Gap and PI Data)
Formulating Educational Objectives
Grantor/exhibitor agreements **
- Agreements MUST be reviewed/signed and dated by both the supporter and by the Office of CME prior to the start date.
- Funds MUST be deposited into the Office of CME accounts before being released to other accounts.
- Use the following address for mailing checks: [lockbox] and be sure vendor includes your OCME course number on the check.
Advertisements / flyers / brochures
- Content MUST be reviewed and approved by the Office of CME prior to distribution.
- Promotional content must:
- Demonstrate appropriate use of the Accreditation Statement (refer to Special Language section of this document for detail)
- Demonstrate appropriate use of the Designation statement (refer to Special Language section of this document for detail)
- Not contain logos from commercial interests
Acknowledgement of Support
- Activities with outside support (exhibitors, commercial support, foundation, government, non-profit, or in-kind):
- You MUST acknowledge all supporters and their respective role as an Exhibitor, Commercial Supporter (cash grants and in-kind contributions), or Contributor. This is normally done in the same document where disclosures are provided to learners.
- Activities with no outside support: This item is not applicable.
Industry Funding of Medical Education (pdf, 43 pages)