Associated Students of the School of Medicine (ASSM) - The School of Medicine's Student Governing Body. (Website requires login to Group Portal.) Contact [email protected].
Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) - GPSA develops, promotes, and regulates professional and graduate student governments and activities.
Registered Clubs & Organizations
Registered Clubs & Organizations (RCOs) cover a broad range of interests, including educational, social, cultural, artistic, recreational, political and spiritual. Any volunteer organization whose membership is comprised primarily of UCSF students, faculty, and/or staff may apply for registration. For more information on registration, benefits, and a complete list of RCOs, please visit the Office of Student Life's online management system for RCOs at https://ucsf.campusgroups.com/home_login.
Getting involved with interest groups is a great way for students to learn more about various careers in medicine. Students connect with faculty, community physicians, residents, and senior medical students to learn more about: career and professional options, career lifestyles, research and educational opportunities, shadowing opportunities, schedule planning, residency application tips/resources.
Full List of Specialty Interest Groups
- American Medical Association Medical Student Section
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) - Contact info in Group Portal
- American Medical Women's Association
- Asian Pacific American Medical Students Association (APAMSA) - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal APAMSA
- Children's Health Hut
- Clinica Martin Baro
- FACE AIDS
- Flu Crew
- Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal LMSA
- LGBTQ Student Alliance
- Mabuhay Health Center
- Medical Students for Choice (non-UCSF website)
- Write On Deadline
- Native American Health Alliance (NAHA)
- Pediatric STARS
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Primary Care Progress
- Primary Care Leadership Academy (PCLA) - Contact Margo Vener, Dept. of Family & Community Medicine
- San Francisco Bay Area Physicians for Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Hepatitis B Collaborative (SFHBC)
- Sonrise Christian Fellowship
- Student National Medical Association - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal SNMA
- Students for Global Surgery
- UCSF Homeless Clinic
- Women's Jail Health Education Project
- Women's Support Group