Associated Students of the School of Medicine (ASSM) - The School of Medicine's Student Governing Body. (Website requires login to Group Portal.) Contact [email protected].
Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) - GPSA develops, promotes, and regulates professional and graduate student governments and activities.
Student Medical Education Council (SMEC) - SMEC is a standing committee of the Bridges Executive Operations Committee, which provides oversight and make recommendations for curriculum change to the Committee on Curriculum and Educational Policy. SMEC encourages student participation in, and learning about, medical education; to facilitate adoption of student-driven initiatives; and to engage students in key updates, communications, and feedback sessions. Contact: Committee Co-Chairs, Carmen Lee, (Class of 2021), Elizabeth Liao (Class of 2022) and Mihir Joshi (Class of 2023).
Registered Clubs & Organizations
Registered Clubs & Organizations (RCOs) cover a broad range of interests, including educational, social, cultural, artistic, recreational, political and spiritual. Any volunteer organization whose membership is comprised primarily of UCSF students, faculty, and/or staff may apply for registration. For more information on registration, benefits, and a complete list of RCOs, please visit the Office of Student Life's online management system for RCOs at https://ucsf.campusgroups.com/home_login.
Getting involved with interest groups is a great way for students to learn more about various careers in medicine. Students connect with faculty, community physicians, residents, and senior medical students to learn more about: career and professional options, career lifestyles, research and educational opportunities, shadowing opportunities, schedule planning, residency application tips/resources.
Full List of Specialty Interest Groups
- American Medical Association Medical Student Section
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) - Contact info in Group Portal
- American Medical Women's Association
- Asian Pacific American Medical Students Association (APAMSA) - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal APAMSA
- Children's Health Hut
- Clinica Martin Baro
- FACE AIDS
- Flu Crew
- Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal LMSA
- LGBTQ Student Alliance
- Mabuhay Health Center
- Medical Students for Choice (non-UCSF website)
- Write On Deadline
- Native American Health Alliance (NAHA)
- Pediatric STARS
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Primary Care Progress
- Primary Care Leadership Academy (PCLA) - Contact Margo Vener, Dept. of Family & Community Medicine
- San Francisco Bay Area Physicians for Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Hepatitis B Collaborative (SFHBC)
- Sonrise Christian Fellowship
- Student National Medical Association - Contact info in UCSF Group Portal SNMA
- Students for Global Surgery
- UCSF Homeless Clinic
- Women's Jail Health Education Project
- Women's Support Group