Yearlong Inquiry Program (YIP)
Choose from three possible tracks: 1) primarily laboratory-focused translational research, 2) extensive contact with research participants and primary data collection, and 3) the ATCR Certificate Program (4 quarters) or MD/MAS, rigorous academic programs in the methods and conduct of clinical research.
- ~$34,800 stipend
- Health insurance, and loan capitalization offset, if needed
- Course expenses, and conference travel
- Bi-weekly Works-in-Progress (WIP) seminars
- Oral and poster presentations at year-end UCSF symposia and national meeting (funding permitting)
- UCSF Clinical & Translational Inter-School Journal Club Meetings (evenings)
- Includes graduation with Distinction
- Open to all UCSF learners (including Physical Therapy), SOM, SON, SOP, SOD students.
- Bi-weekly Works-in-Progress (WIP) seminars.
- Oral and poster presentations at year-end UCSF symposia and national meeting (funding permitting).
- Attend quarterly UCSF Clinical & Translational Inter-School Journal Club Meetings (evenings).
- Required courses in EPI 150.03 and EPI 201 Designing Clinical Research and Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Completion of an MD with Distinction.
- Students are only able to receive funding for 1 year, additional years of research are not able to be funded by the Inquiry Funding Office.
This is a UCSF Funding Source dispersed by the Inquiry Funding Office.
To apply, begin by verifying deadlines and process for Yearlong Research by downloading the “Yearlong Research Quickguide.”