Kaiser Family Foundation Fellowship
As a part of the fellowship, students are embedded within projects underway or planned at the Kaiser Family Foundation. They are co-mentored by Kaiser Family Foundation staff and UCSF faculty members. Students would be expected to be based in the San Francisco location but may have opportunities through their work with the Kaiser Family Foundation to participate in activities in Washington, D.C. as well. There is funding for up to two students per year.
- ~ $37,440/yr stipend
- Health insurance, if needed
- Loan capitalization payment, if applicable
- Includes MD with Distinction in Yearlong Research
Open to all students in enrolled the School of Medicine.
- UCSF students taking 12 months Leave of Absence for full-time research or scholarship.
- UCSF Mentor and Kaiser co-mentor
- Complete scholarly project and other assignments as required.
- Abstract and poster presentation at Inquiry Symposium
- Completion of Distinction in Yearlong Research
Please review the UCSF-KFF Application Requirements and Timeline for 23-2024 here.
This is a UCSF Funding Source dispersed by the Inquiry Funding Office.
To apply, begin by verifying deadlines and process for Yearlong Research by downloading the “Yearlong Research Quickguide”.