Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training
Clinical teachers are not trained in how to handle bias and discrimination in the clinical setting where they are teaching. When bias occurs, they don't feel comfortable addressing it. Students have complained that these issues are not being addressed appropriately, and that it negatively impacts the learning environment. As part of the UCSF School of Medicine Differences Matter initiative, the goal of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion training is to increase awareness and skills for clinical teachers so that they can address bias and discrimination when and where it happens.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- recognize bias and discrimination in the learning environment;
- use a shared language to talk about bias and discrimination with students;
- implement skills to address bias and discrimination; and
- apply practical tools for addressing bias and discrimination in their day to day teaching encounters.
During this training, participants will:
- apply new skills in a variety of case-based scenarios.
- participate in an assessment of awareness, comfort and confidence using the skills learned.
- Time - 8:30 am to 5pm (please clear your calendar for this entire time)
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack will be included so please register only if your schedule allows.
- No technology or devices are needed for this training.
UCSF is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Course # MMC19075
Important! Please make sure your schedule is free before registering.