Please see the course catalog. Electives that are not available to visiting students are noted as "UCSF students only" in the Comments section.
Tina Tai (link sends e-mail)
UCSF Department of Psychiatry
Education & Training Coordinator, UCSF
Department of Psychiatry, SFGH
1001 Potrero Avenue, Room: 7M26
San Francisco, CA 94110
Campus Mail Box 0852
telephone: (415) 206-5219
- Please initiate applications as soon as possible, ideally a minimum of 8 weeks before the elective start date
- Complete the UCSF Department of Psychiatry Visiting Student Elective Supplemental Form (download to view as a fillable form) and upload to VSAS.
- Two letters of recommendation. It is fine to receive one of the letters of recommendation from the chief resident or a faculty member of your psychiatry department. Letters written for residency applications are acceptable.
- All students must have successfully completed USMLE Step 1 at the time of application. Other medical licensing examinations are not an acceptable substitute.
- Please list at least 3 alternate UCSF Psychiatry electives (either course or date) on your application.