Anesthesia & Preoperative Care
- 140.01 Advanced Clinical Clerkship (4 weeks)
- 140.06 Pain Management (4 weeks)
- 140.08 Obstetric Anesthesia (2 weeks)
Please note that 140.03A/B Advanced ICU and 140.10 Pediatric Anesthesia are not offered to visiting students.
Marie Lim (link sends e-mail)
Anesthesia Clerkships, Box 0648
University of California, San Francisco
500 Parnassus Avenue, 4th floor, MU-E402
San Francisco, Ca 94143-0648
firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
In addition to VSAS application requirements, applicants must upload the following to VSAS as "supplemental documents". Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Letter of recommendation from a clinical faculty at your medical school who can comment on your academic performance and clinical abilities. (LOR can be uploaded into VSAS by you or your school and does not require that you waive the right to see)
- Personal statement (150-300 words)
- USMLE Step 1 score
Applications for Fall clerkships (August – December) must be completed by May 1st of each year.
Applications for clerkships after Fall must be completed by September 1st of each year.
After the deadline, please contact the administrator.
You must have completed two weeks of training in basic clinical anesthesia in a hospital operating room or have completed medicine and surgery clerkships. Please see prerequisites for each elective.
The residents and faculty of the Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care expect students enrolled in 140 series electives to have skills and knowledge commensurate with a basic clerkship in operating room anesthesia.