Dissemination & Travel Awards
Inquiry Dissemination & Travel Awards are intended to defray costs associated with sharing scholarly work, e.g., posters, lectures, workshops, or oral presentations at conferences, symposia, and academically-focused events. UCSF Medical Students are eligible to receive one $500 award per each academic year, totaling up to four awards by graduation. Awards are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifying expenses include but are not limited to:
- Airfare, conference registration fees, hotel accommodations, meals, and transfers.
- Printing, submission, and other expenses associated with the cost of sharing scholarship.
1. Limited to registered UCSF Medical Students.
2. One award per student, per year will be granted based on availability.
3. Application is required prior to travel and during the quarter in which travel occurs. However, if your travel date occurs less than one week after the start of a new quarter, you may submit for funding during the previous quarter (E.g.,: your conference is on 9/10 and the summer quarter ends 9/6, you may apply during summer quarter).
|2019-2020 Academic Year|
|Winter 2019 1/1/2019 – 4/2/2019||Fall 2019 9/13/2019 – 12/31/2019|
|Spring 2020 4/3/2019 – 6/16/2019||Winter 2019 1/1/2020 – 4/2/2020|
|Summer 2019 6/17/2019 – 9/12/2019||Spring 2020 4/3/2020 – 6/16/2020|
- All travel award expenses will be processed after the completion of travel and require original receipts and documented dissemination, such as conference agenda, poster or workshop acceptance.
- Receipts that combine hotel and airfare costs (such as those from Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, etc.) cannot be accepted.
- Reimbursements are issued via the Expense Reimbursement Form and the online MyExpense system, found in MyAccess. When you are ready to request reimbursement, fill out the Expense Reimbursement Form and follow the instructions on adding a delegate in MyExpense.
The Inquiry Funding Faculty and Staff team are enthusiastic about helping UCSF medical students succeed in their research and funding applications. Contact us with questions, concerns, or feedback.