- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- For Departments & Committees
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Advanced Education Programs
- Consultation & Services
- Educational Research at UCSF
- Outcomes & Success Stories
Research and Development in Medical Education
Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
Improve the quality and depth of the teaching skills of UCSF faculty.
About the Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
We invite current and future faculty at UCSF and at affiliated institutions (i.e., residents, fellows, volunteer faculty) to follow a path through the UCSF Educational Skills Workshops to develop focused teaching skills and receive a certificate in recognition of their achievement.
Completion of specific sets of UCSF Educational Skills Workshops can lead to certificates in a few theme areas, providing meaningful paths through the workshops. Successful completion of a certificate requires participation in specific workshops and demonstration of competence in skills defined by objectives. Competence is determined through assessments that are completed during each workshop. Currently, certificate themes include:
- General Teaching: skills for classroom-based teaching in a health sciences setting.
- Clinical Teaching: skills for teaching in a clinical environment.
- Simulation Teaching: skills for teaching with simulation.
The goals of the Teach for UCSF Program are to:
- Improve the quality and depth of the teaching skills of UCSF faculty.
- Increase the capacity and satisfaction of UCSF faculty as teachers.
- Develop faculty with specific expertise in teaching theme areas.