- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Bridges
- For Educational Leaders
- For Residents and Students
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- For Education Scholars
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- Education Scholars
- Educational Leaders
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Resources
- Events and Meetings
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Bridges Curriculum Faculty Development
- Teaching Observation Program (TOP)
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Education Showcase
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
About the Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
The program creates defined educational paths so that individuals can develop focused teaching skills and receive a certificate in recognition of achievement. The program is open to current and future faculty at UCSF and at affiliated institutions (i.e., residents, fellows, volunteer faculty). Participants complete specific sets of UCSF Educational Skills Workshops. Credit toward the certificate is given after demonstration of competence through assessments that are completed during each workshop. Currently, certificate tracks include:
- General Teaching: skills for classroom-based teaching in a health sciences setting.
- Clinical Teaching: skills for teaching in a clinical environment.
- Simulation Teaching: skills for teaching with simulation.
- Interprofessional Teaching: skills for designing and leading interprofessional education.
- Teaching Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QI/PS): skills for teaching QI/PS in didactic and clinical settings.
The Teach for UCSF Program aims to:
- Provide an accessible way for faculty and trainees to discover and pursue an interest in improving their educational skills.
- Develop faculty with depth of expertise in specific teaching theme areas.
- Increase the capacity and satisfaction of UCSF faculty as educators.
- Publicly recognize faculty who improve their educational skills.
- Create a skilled educator community that is able to support ongoing curricular renewal.