Overarching Curriculum Strategies
- early longitudinal immersion in clinical teams with a focus on continuously improving care delivery
- inquiry-focused curriculum that emphasizes asking questions that push the frontiers of science and understanding of human health and disease
- participation in a longitudinal clerkship in health systems
- dedicated time for scholarly projects in one of the core domains of science
- an individualized system of mentorship and advising
- a flexible science-learning environment enabled by online learning tools
- access to progression data with a personalized online dashboard
- opportunities to individualize education for career goals
For further information or to sign up for the Bridges monthly update, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The new UCSF Bridges Curriculum will be a three-phase, fully integrated curriculum delivered over four years. Components of the curriculum are being phased in between 2014 and 2016 with the entire Bridges Curriculum launching in fall of 2016.
The 45 month curriculum is broken into three phases: Foundations 1 (17 months), Foundations 2 (14 months) and Career Launch (14 months).
Three curricular elements will be woven throughout the three phases: foundational sciences, clinical and systems applications, and inquiry activities.