Bridges Monthly Updates Archive
Sign up now for the Bridges monthly update.
For questions or information about Bridges email email@example.com
Bridges Year in Review Report (2014-2015)
The new UCSF Bridges Curriculum is a three-phase, fully integrated curriculum delivered over four years. Components of the curriculum are being phased in between 2014 and 2016 with the entire Bridges Curriculum launching in fall of 2016.
Take a walk through the new 4-year Bridges Curriculum
Overarching Curriculum Strategies
- early longitudinal immersion in clinical teams with a focus on continuously improving care delivery
- inquiry-focused curriculum that emphasizes asking questions that push the frontiers of science and understanding of human health and disease
- participation in a longitudinal clerkship in health systems
- dedicated time for scholarly projects in one of the core domains of science
- an individualized system of mentorship and advising
- a flexible science-learning environment enabled by online learning tools
- access to progression data with a personalized online dashboard
- opportunities to individualize education for career goals
The 45 month curriculum is divided into three phases: Foundations 1 (17 months), Foundations 2 (14 months) and Career Launch (14 months).
Three curricular elements will be woven throughout the three phases: foundational sciences, clinical and systems applications, and inquiry activities.