- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
Undergraduate Medical Education collaborates with diverse stakeholders to lead UCSF’s MD Programs by promoting innovation and excellence among all medical students, faculty, and staff. Together we shape the future of patient care, research, education, and public service to improve health for all.
In the News
Designing the 21st Century Physician
Why Build Bridges?
The staff at teaching hospitals such as UCSF Medical Center are accustomed to seeing third- and fourth-year medical students — with their bulging short white coats and unique air of eager ignorance — on the wards.
“How might we all maintain well-being and thrive as we age?” This question was posed in a worldwide OpenIDEO/Mayo Clinic Challenge that produced 133 concepts and eventually six winners, including a team from UC San Francisco.
The Future of Medical School: A Closer Look at How Eleven Medical Schools Are Changing the Look of Medical Education for Tomorrow's Doctors
As medical school enrollment begins to surge, medical schools must begin to close the widening gap between how students are trained and the future needs of the nation's health care system.