- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- For Departments & Committees
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Advanced Education Programs
- Consultation & Services
- Educational Research at UCSF
- Outcomes & Success Stories
Research and Development in Medical Education
Pearls on Educational Principles
Design of curriculum at UCSF should be based on well-developed educational principles. The Pearls on Educational Principles program consists of brief one-page brochures that include a description of an educational theory, applications of the theory, and space to develop new applications for teaching in the curriculum. These brochures can be used as part of faculty development or as a refresher on an educational theory.
- Apprise faculty as to how educational principles inform the curriculum.
- Provide an educational rationale for activities and assessments in the curriculum.