- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Bridges
- For Educational Leaders
- For Residents and Students
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- For Education Scholars
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- Education Scholars
- Educational Leaders
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Resources
- Events & Meetings
- AME Endowed Chairs
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Bridges Curriculum Faculty Development
- Teaching Observation Program (TOP)
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Education Showcase
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
Master's Degree in Education
About the Master of Arts in Education at UC Berkeley
UCSF has a collaborative relationship with University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Education to offer a Master of Arts in Education. The program prepares individuals in the research methodologies needed to undertake research studies in health professions education. Students receive mentoring from faculty in the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education and the UCSF Center for Faculty Educators. In order to participate in this program, you must be a current UCSF faculty, fellow, or resident.
- Develop a basis in cognition and research methods appropriate to health professions education.
- Develop depth in the educational literature to guide research questions.
More about the Program
- In order to participate in this program, you must be a current UCSF faculty, fellow, or resident.
- The application deadline is December 1 of the year preceding enrollment.
- The GRE is waived for applicants who hold a professional degree.
- UCSF faculty, students and students can be eligible for reduced-fee tuition at UC Berkeley.
- Candidates who have completed either the Pathway to Discovery in Health Professions Education or the Teaching Scholars Program may be eligible for 6 credits toward their MA degree.
- UCSF faculty from the Center for Faculty Educators provide mentoring to MA candidates from UCSF.
- Pre-application consultation needs to be completed prior to application submission to UC Berkeley.
|Brian Gin, MD||Department of Pediatrics||2015|
|Daphne Lo, MD||Department of Medicine||2015|
|2015||Mark Dellinges, DDS, FACP, MA||Department of Preventive and Restrorative Dental Sciences||Will a Short Training Session Improve In-House Multiple Choice Item-Writing by Dental School Faculty?||2013|
|2015||Leslie Floren, PharmD||Department of Bioengineering||HealthWISE: Adverse Drug Reaction Basics, Creation and Evaluation of a WISE Learning Module for Pharmacists in Training||2013|
|2014||Emily Huang, MD, MA||Department of Surgery||From Novice to Master Surgeon: Improving Feedback with a Descriptive Approach to Intraoperative Assessment||2012|
|2013||Sandra K. Oza, MD, MA||Department of Medicine||Medical Students’ Use of Collaborative Communication During an Interprofessional Standardized Patient Encounter||2012|
|2012||Natalie Burman, DO, MA||Department of Pediatrics||Lifelong Learning and Self-Directed Learning: The Importance of Cognitive and Metacognitive Skills||2011|
|2012||Kristie White, MD, MA||Department of Pathology||Development of an Assessment Tool Using the Web-Based Science Environment (WISE) to Determine Diagnostic Neuropathology Competency: A Practical Model for Pathology Residency Training||2011|
|2012||Sarah Wilson, M.D., M.A.||Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences||The Development and Evaluation of a Measurement Tool to Assess a Provider's Interprofessional and Intraprofessional Communication Skills||2010|