- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Bridges
- For Educational Leaders
- For Residents and Students
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- For Education Scholars
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- Education Scholars
- Educational Leaders
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Resources
- Events and Meetings
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Bridges Curriculum Faculty Development
- Teaching Observation Program (TOP)
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Education Showcase
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
The CFE Community
The Center for Faculty Educators is the home to the Academy of Medical Educators, internationally recognized education scholars and the volunteer clinical faculty.
It provides community, mentorship, recognition, career growth and skills development in teaching and educational scholarship to the faculty and staff committed to innovation and excellence in health professions education.
Mission and Vision
- The Center provides coordinated support and expertise for Academy members and all faculty members seeking community, mentorship, recognition, career development, scholarly work, building skills and identifying teaching opportunities.
- All faculty are recognized for their expertise, have a community in which they thrive, and achieve excellence as teachers and educators.
Intent of the Center
The faculty are the creative engine, and are supported by skilled staff who enhance our impact; Together, we create a community of practice, develop innovators, leaders and researchers in health professions education, and improve the quality of teaching at UCSF.
The Academy of Medical Educators remains a vital voice for educators at UCSF and beyond for innovation, career development and scholarship in education.
UCSF’s outstanding educational research will continue to inform our health professions education and faculty development locally, nationally and internationally.
UCSF full-time and volunteer faculty can access teaching opportunities, skills development and mentoring to advance as educators.