- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get an APeX Account and Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
The Advisory College Program is designed to provide mentoring and personalized academic advising, facilitate student communication among peers and faculty, and guide students through an array of educational resources, timelines, clinical care settings, and prospective career options. The goals of the program are to help students foster closer relationships with each other and their advisors, access resources and make career decisions in an informed and productive way, and enhance their personal and professional development.
The four colleges are comprised of students from all four years of medical school and headed by two faculty mentors. The mentors represent a broad range of backgrounds and clinical specialties. Mentors meet with students one on one, in small groups, and at Advisory College social events.
Overview of Advisory College Activities
One-on-One Meetings are held in the Fall and Spring to provide each student with personalized academic and personal advising. College-wide student panels are held early in the Winter quarter to give MS1s information about a variety of summer opportunities that can be embarked upon after the first year of medical school. During the Fall of the second year, students will review their study plan to prepare for the USMLE Step 1 exam. Students continue to work with Advisory College mentors individually as they narrow their career focus, plan their 4th year clinical schedule, and apply for residency.
|Andrew Murr, MD|
Associate Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology
350 Parnassus Ave, Room 901, Box 0342
(415) 353-2481, (415) 206-8308
Assistant's phone: (415) 476-4952