About the Education Showcase
The annual Education Showcase features the scholarly work of UCSF students, residents, and faculty. Sponsored by UCSF's Center for Faculty Educators (CFE), and enhanced by visiting scholars, the event is filled with opportunities to see the variety and quality of the work our UCSF colleagues are engaged in throughout the year.
The two-day program features keynote lectures and peer-reviewed oral presentations reporting scholarly work in both undergraduate and graduate medical education. Faculty development workshops focus on education skills.
Education Showcase 2020 and Accelerated Path (Teach for UCSF Certificate Program)
Thursday - Saturday, May 14-16, 2020
Mission Bay and Parnassus Campuses
- Thursday - Friday, Education Showcase
- Keynote Speaker: Stella Ng, PhD, “Critically Reflective Practice for a Compassionate Healthcare System.” Dr. Ng is a scientist at the The Wilson Centre and Director of Reseach, Centre for Faculty Development and Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto.
- Saturday, Accelerated Path, Teach for UCSF Certificate Program (all-day with separate registration)
Call for Abstracts
- Review Education Showcase 2020 abstract categories and guidelines in the preparation of your submission
- The deadline for submissions is February 12, 2020 at 11:59pm
- Submit online using the UCSF Education Showcase 2020 Abstract Submission Form
- Authors will be notified of decisions via email by March 31, 2020
- Questions or concerns? Email Kathleen Land, [email protected]
“Critically Reflective Practice for a Compassionate Healthcare System”
Director of Research, Centre for Faculty Development
Arrell Family Chair in Health Professions Teaching
Assistant Professor, Department of Speech-Language Pathology
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
The Wilson Centre
Education Showcase 2019 - April 2-3, 2019
- Highlights from UCSF's 2019 Education Showcase
- Assessment is a Compromise
- Plenary Sessions and Keynote Address (starts at 11 minutes, 21 seconds mark)
- Assessment Task Force Report: Ideas and plans for assessment of student performance in core clerkships at UCSF
Information and Questions: Please email Kathleen Land, [email protected], or call at (415) 514-9259.