For Educational Leaders
Educational leaders are in charge of educational development for groups of faculty through curriculum committees, courses, residency programs, departmental divisions or entire departments.
We work with these leaders to design solutions for the educational skills needs of their faculty, identify existing faculty development offerings that may meet their needs, or to design needs assessments to discover those needs, whether spurred by curricular change, accreditation requirements, or other factors. We encourage offerings to occur within the context of an existing meeting to maximize participation.
Our approaches and resources include:
- Faculty Development Express: Short, focused Faculty Development Express session for your group.
- Pearls on Education Principles: One-page brochures to promote curriculum development based on a solid theoretical foundation.
- Faculty Development Design Consultations: Solutions for the educational needs of your faculty.
- Faculty Development for Curricular Initiatives
- Resident Teaching Development Program: Clinical teaching skills curriculum for your residency program to use with residents.
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program: An accessible way for leaders to encourage faculty and trainees to discover and pursue an interest in improving their educational skills.
- Offer an array of options that fit the needs of committees, programs, divisions, and departments.
- Design offerings that fit existing meetings so as to align with naturally occurring opportunities.