Laughter is contagious and has a powerful and immediate effect on our mind, body, and spirit. Our bodies can’t tell the difference between real or simulated laughter. This class involves deep breathing, stretching, clapping, and laughter exercises.
The class meets every Thursday. On the third Thursday of the month, the class includes Laughter Yoga and silent meditation. Laughter exercises warm up the mind-body and silent meditation helps facilitate a gentle deepening of mindful awareness.
Our laughter exercises in this class can:
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to all the major organs
- Enhance endorphin levels which make us feel uplifted and reduce pain
- Stimulate immune, digestive, and cardiac systems
- Reduce stress levels
- Relax, strengthen, and lengthen the muscles with stretching
- Help create a laughing community and be fun!
Watch the video of one of our classes.