Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
533 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94143
Bay Area Lecturer Series Presentation:
Trauma-Informed Health Care: The Journey of the UCSF Women's HIV Program
Katy Davis, PhD, LCSW
Director of Trauma-Informed Care
UCSF Women's HIV Program
At the end of this presentation, learners will be able to:
- Understand and describe how the values and components of trauma-informed health care (THIC) can be integrated into practice
- Identify how trauma theory, the stages of change model, and attachment theory are utilized in response to traumatized patients in a health care setting
- Apply the core elements of THIC to a patient case
Remote live streaming locations:
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General: Bldg. 5, Room 7M30B
- San Francisco VA Medical Center: Bldg. 8, Room 313
- Clearlake VA Clinic
- Eureka VA Clinic
- San Bruno VA Clinic
- San Francisco VA Downtown Clinic
- Santa Rosa VA Clinic
- Ukiah VA Clinic
Live streaming is also available at psychiatry.ucsf.edu/live.
Grand Rounds presentations are for educational purposes and intended for a professional audience only.
To qualify for CME credit for this event, participants must (1) attend in-person or at one of the approved live streaming locations listed above; and (2) sign in at their location.