- Advising & Career Development
- Medical Student Experience
Medical Student Education
Social Media Internship for a Medical Student
docwise is a personalized e-journal for physicians currently available on the iPhone and iPad. Called a “Flipboard for physicians,” docwise helps physicians stay up to date on medical journals, news and custom topics.
What physicians can do with docwise:
- Access Medical journals and lay health press
- Create custom topics
- Add any RSS feed (like Google Reader)
- Share or save articles
- Integrate with facebook, twitter, Evernote, iBooks, Dropbox
- Read full text articles off campus for institutions with access
- (docwise On Campus eliminates a click between abstract and full text for those institutions who subscribe)
The docwise Social Media Intern will develop our social media strategy and execute against it. Responsibilities include:
- Articulate the objectives of a social media strategy
- Develop a consistent social media strategy across the appropriate channels
- Manage the docwise social media accounts, including twitter, facebook and Google+
Experience and Skills:
- A current or recent medical student
- Adept with twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Knowledge of the medical social media landscape, including who the major social media physicians are
- Strong understanding of general news aggregators and medical news aggregators
- Strong interest in disruptive technologies, particularly in healthcare
Hours: 2-5 hours a week
Compensation: $15 an hour plus equity for milestone achievements to be mutually determined, e.g., number of twitter followers, etc.
Interested students should send an email introducing yourself and your twitter handle.
Rosina Samadani, Ph.D.
www.docwi.se | @docwise