- Graduation Requirements
- Teaching Sites
- Oversight & Development
- Guidelines & Policies
- Leave of Absence
- Visiting Student Program
- Curriculum Evaluation
- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- How Students Provide Feedback
- Request a Grade Change
Medical Student Education
Social Media Internship for a Medical Student
August 19, 2013
Hours: 2-5 hours a week
docwise is a personalized e-journal for physicians currently available on the iPhone and iPad. Called a “Flipboard for physicians,” docwise helps physicians stay up to date on medical journals, news and custom topics.
What physicians can do with docwise:
- Access Medical journals and lay health press
- Create custom topics
- Add any RSS feed (like Google Reader)
- Share or save articles
- Integrate with facebook, twitter, Evernote, iBooks, Dropbox
- Read full text articles off campus for institutions with access
- (docwise On Campus eliminates a click between abstract and full text for those institutions who subscribe)
The docwise Social Media Intern will develop our social media strategy and execute against it. Responsibilities include:
- Articulate the objectives of a social media strategy
- Develop a consistent social media strategy across the appropriate channels
- Manage the docwise social media accounts, including twitter, facebook and Google+
Experience and Skills:
- A current or recent medical student
- Adept with twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Knowledge of the medical social media landscape, including who the major social media physicians are
- Strong understanding of general news aggregators and medical news aggregators
- Strong interest in disruptive technologies, particularly in healthcare
Hours: 2-5 hours a week
Compensation: $15 an hour plus equity for milestone achievements to be mutually determined, e.g., number of twitter followers, etc.
Interested students should send an email introducing yourself and your twitter handle.
Rosina Samadani, Ph.D.
www.docwi.se | @docwise