- Graduation Requirements
- Teaching Sites
- Oversight & Development
- Guidelines & Policies
- Leave of Absence
- Visiting Student Program
- Curriculum Evaluation
- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- How Students Provide Feedback
- Request a Grade Change
Medical Student Education
MacKenzie Foundation Scholarship Applications Now Available - Due February 28, 2013
February 01, 2013
Rising 3rd and 4th year medical students (Classes of 2014 and 2015) are invited to apply for a MacKenzie Foundation Scholarship. Up to 30 awards will be given in the 2013-14 academic year.
The mission of the MacKenzie Foundation is to mitigage the educational indebtedness of medical students who are committed to the practice of general/primary care medicine upon graduation from a medical school located in the state of California.
Eligibility: Students are eligible based on financial need and a commitment to a clinical career in the primary care areas of Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine. Sub-specialties of these areas are less appropriate for this award. Awardees must be enrolled in the MD curriculum in 2013-14, and funding must go towards their medical education.
Application Process: Complete and submit the 2013 MacKenzie Foundation Scholarship Application Form (in hard copy with your manual signature) to Kalai Diamond in S-245 no later than Thursday, February 28, 2013. You may attach additional sheets or schedules to the form if such are necessary to give a proper statement of facts concerning your individual needs. Note that incomplete applications will be returned and will be ineligible for MacKenzie scholarships. Awardees will be notified in June.