- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get an APeX Account and Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
Funds for Conference Attendance
The School of Medicine Office of Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) provides a one-time award of up to $500 to give an oral or poster presentation at a conference.
- To apply for research funding, complete the Medical Student Travel Funds Application at least one month prior to travel.
- There is a $500 maximum available per student.
- Students may receive one award while enrolled as a medical student.
- Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds for the fiscal year (July-June) have been spent.
Reimbursement Allowances and Requirements
- Receipts must be submitted for reimbursement within 14 days of your return, along with a Expense Reimbursement Form available here.
- Students may be reimbursed for items such as: registration fees, airfare, ground transportation, hotels, meals, and presentation materials.
- There will be no reimbursement for alcohol or other incidentals (e.g., personal phone calls).
- Documents required for reimbursement are: Original receipts, boarding passes, detailed invoices, and a copy of conference materials listing your presentation (e.g., brochure or conference schedule)
- UCSF's Accounting Office will not accept receipts that combine hotel and airfare costs (such as those from Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, etc.)
- Students who receive travel funding from UME are expected to write a brief summary or commentary for the blog on the MedStudent Portal.