- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get an APeX Account and Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
Funds for Conference Attendance
The School of Medicine provides the following awards to medical students who would like to attend conferences in the following categories:
Giving a Presentation at a Conference: Medical Student Services office provides a one-time award of up to $500 to give an oral or poster presentation at a conference.
Outreach Related: The Office of Outreach and Academic Advancement offers travel grants of $200 (in-state) to $500 (out-of-state). A pre-travel supplemental application is required, and awardees must provide a written report upon their return. See the application for details.
Other Funding Requests:Other Funding Requests are approved at the discretion of the Associate Deans of Curriculum and Students.
- To apply for funding, complete the Medical Student Travel Funds Application at least one month prior to travel.
- To log in to the application:
User name: Your UCSF email address (e.g., email@example.com).
Password: Your birth date (mmddyy) followed by a hyphen and the last four digits of your SSN (e.g., 080880-1234).
- Note: Travel must be approved prior to departure and reimbursement will be processed upon your return. In some cases, additional documentation and/or follow-up may be required for reimbursement.
- There is a $500 maximum available per student.
- Original receipts (and boarding passes, if applicable) must be submitted for reimbursement within 14 days of your return, along with a copy of materials from the conference (e.g., brochure or conference schedule).
- Students may be reimbursed for items such as: registration fees, airfare, ground transportation, hotels, meals, presentation materials, etc.
- There will be no reimbursement for alcohol or other incidentals (e.g., personal phone calls).
- UCSF's Accounting Office will not accept receipts that combine hotel and airfare costs (such as those from Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, etc.)
- Students who receive travel funding from Medical Student Services are expected to write a brief summary or commentary for the blog on the MedStudent Portal.