- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get an APeX Account and Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
Funds for Conference Attendance
Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) provides a one-time award of up to $500 to give an oral or poster presentation at a conference.
All conference travel funds for the 2013-14 fiscal year have been allocated.
No additional awards will be granted for travel through June 30, 2014.
A new application and awarding procedure will be implemented for travel that will commence after June 30, 2014.
Details will be communicated to all students via iROCKET, class listservs, and on this website. Stay tuned!
- There is a $500 maximum available per student.
- Students may receive one award while enrolled as a medical student.
- Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds for the fiscal year (July-June) have been spent.
Reimbursement Allowances and Requirements
- Receipts must be submitted for reimbursement within 14 days of your return, along with a Expense Reimbursement Form available here.
- Students may be reimbursed for items such as: registration fees, airfare, ground transportation, hotels, meals, and presentation materials.
- There will be no reimbursement for alcohol or other incidentals (e.g., personal phone calls).
- Documents required for reimbursement are: Original receipts, boarding passes, detailed invoices, and a copy of conference materials listing your presentation (e.g., brochure or conference schedule)
- UCSF's Accounting Office will not accept receipts that combine hotel and airfare costs (such as those from Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, etc.)
- Students who receive travel funding from UME are expected to write a brief summary or commentary for the blog on the MedStudent Portal.