- Advising & Career Development
- Medical Student Experience
Medical Student Education
- 140.01 Clinical Dermatology
- 140.06 Phototherapy and Psoriasis Therapy
- 140.07 Phototherapy and Psoriasis Therapy, Intermediate
- 140.08 Dermatology Specialties
- 140.09 Phototherapy and Psoriasis Therapy, Advanced
UCSF Department of Dermatology
1701 Divisadero Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94143-0316
ONLY Visiting Students intending to match in dermatology are considered for this elective. You are required to submit (VSAS upload preferred) a letter of recommendation from the Chair of the Department of Dermatology at your home institution. This letter should state that you are in good standing, a strong candidate, and that you intend to match in dermatology. If, and only if, you do not have a Chair or a Department of Dermatology at your home institution, you may submit a letter from someone whom you consider to be your mentor and who can speak to your intent. You do not need to submit multiple letters.
Visiting Students who meet the criteria and apply for the 2-week 140.01 elective may apply for a 2-week 140.08 elective immediately following, to complete a 4-week dermatology experience.
Dates of Attendance
Dates of attendance must correspond with the School of Medicine's electives calendar.