Each School of Medicine class has a campus mailing list (listserv) to which anyone can send messages about topics that may be of interest to the class. Students are automatically subscribed to their class listserv upon matriculation; others interested in receiving listserv messages may subscribe by following the instructions listed below. Messages sent from email addresses that are not subscribed to a listserv must be approved by UME. Listserv messages are not archived.
Guidelines for listserv usage
- Messages should be related to school activities and opportunities (eg, events, electives, scholarships)
- For work, volunteer, or research opportunities for medical students, please use the UCSF Office of Career and Professional Development site: https://career.ucsf.edu/Opportunities
- If posting a message related to a for-profit venture, disclose your involvement with the company or association with the person who asked that you disseminate the information.
- Do NOT use the listservs for postings about housing (available or needed) or items for sale. To post items to buy, sell, or trade, or about housing, please use the UCSF Campus Trader site: http://campustrader.tradeaway.com/index.php
- When posting surveys for students, follow SOM Educational Evaluations policy: http://meded.ucsf.edu/edevals/survey-policy-medical-student-programs
- Use your UCSF email when posting to the listserv
If you want to post something but aren’t sure if it should be sent to the listservs, please contact Frances Harvey for guidance.
How to send a message to a class mailing list
Simply address your message to the address given below:
Med16@listsrv.ucsf.edu - Mailing list of the Class of 2016
Med17@listsrv.ucsf.edu - Mailing list of the Class of 2017
Med18@listsrv.ucsf.edu - Mailing list of the Class of 2018
Med19@listsrv.ucsf.edu - Mailing List of the Class of 2019
How to subscribe to a class mailing list so that you receive all messages
Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message type: subscribe listname yourfirstname yourlastname
Example: subscribe Med15 Kim Smith
You will get an email asking you to confirm your subscription. Click on the link provided to confirm and complete your registration.
How to unsubscribe from a mailing list (not recommended for medical students unless you are joining a new class)
Send an e-mail message to email@example.com. In the body of the message type: unsubscribe listname
Example: unsubscribe Med15
How to manage the delivery of your listserv messages
Go to https://listsrv.ucsf.edu. If you don't already have a password, get one by following the instructions on the page. Log in, then click on the Subscribers Corner in the upper left corner of the page.