- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
Anesthesia & Preoperative Care
- 140.01 Advanced Clinical Clerkship (4 weeks)
- 140.06 Pain Management (4 weeks)
- 140.08 Obstetric Anesthesia (2 weeks)
- 140.09 Perioperative Care (2 or 4 weeks)
Please note that 140.03A, 140.03B and 140.10 are not offered to visiting students.
Anesthesia Clerkships, Box 0464
University of California, San Francisco
513 Parnassus Avenue, Room S455
San Francisco, Ca 94143-0464
In addition to the required VSAS application, applicants must upload the following to VSAS. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty or clinical instructor (does not require that you waive the right to see)
- USMLE Step 1 score
You must have completed two weeks of training in basic clinical anesthesia in a hospital operating room or have completed medicine and surgery clerkships. Please see prerequisites for each elective.
The residents and faculty of the Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care expect students enrolled in 140 series electives to have skills and knowledge commensurate with a basic clerkship in operating room anesthesia.
Dates of Attendance
Dates of attendance must correspond with the School of Medicine's electives calendar. Anesthesia does not offer rotations in July.