- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Undergraduate Medical Education
2013 Kaiser Awards for Excellence in Teaching Honorees Announced
March 21, 2013
Since 1969, the School of Medicine has recognized exceptional faculty teachers through the Kaiser Awards for Excellence in Teaching. These teaching awards and nominations are not just a personal honor for those dedicated individuals, but they are also taken into consideration for tenure and promotion decisions. Nominating someone for a Kaiser Teaching Award is a great opportunity for medical students and residents to acknowledge, thank, and even help those teachers who make such a difference in their medical education.
The 2013 Kaiser Award Winners are:
- Excellence in Teaching By a Volunteer Clinical Faculty: Tali Ziv, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, UCSF
- Excellence in Teaching In the Ambulatory Care Setting: Michelle Lin, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, UCSF
- Excellence in Teaching In the Classroom Setting: Andrew D. Leavitt, MD, Professor in Residence, Department of Laboratory Medicine, UCSF
- Excellence in Teaching In the Inpatient Care Setting: P. Daniel Knott, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, UCSF
- Fresno Kaiser Award Winner TBD
Presentations for the award recipients will be made during the Convocation Ceremony in Cole Hall, Parnassus on Thursday, May 9, 2013. A reception will be held at the Nobel Wall (outside of Cole Hall) from 5:00-5:30, with the Teaching Awards ceremony from 5:30-6:30.
For photos, the full list of nominees, and more information visit http://meded.ucsf.edu/edevals/teaching-awards.