- Advising & Career Development
- MedStudent Portal
- How Do I?
- Get Funding for Conference Expenses
- Get Funding for a Student Event
- Reserve a Room for a Student Event
- Get a Letter of Good Standing
- Get Excused from Jury Duty
- Get a Copy of my Student Record
- Make a Change to my Clinical Schedule
- Sign up for First- or Second-Year Electives
- Asked to be Excused from Class/Clerkship
- Get Assistance with a Needle Stick Injury
- Get or Reset an APeX Account?
- Complete APeX Training?
- Request a Grade Change
Medical Student Education
2013 AAMC Herbert W. Nickens Medical Student Scholarship
March 04, 2013
Description: These awards consist of five scholarships given to outstanding students entering their third year of medical school who have shown leadership in efforts to eliminate inequities in medical education and health care and have demonstrated leadership efforts in addressing educational, societal, and health care needs of racial and ethnic minorities in the United States. Each recipient receives a $5,000 scholarship.
Eligibility: Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and entering the third year of study in a LCME-accredited U.S. medical school in fall 2013. Students enrolled in combined degree programs (such as M.D./Ph.D.) are eligible when they are entering their third year of medical school.
Application Instructions: Submit all documents to Kalai Diamond in S-245.
- By Monday, April 1:
- Your CV which clearly highlights awards and scholarships, and includes contact information
- A personal statement which does not exceed 2 double-space pages, assessing your leadership efforts in eliminating inequities in medical education and health care for racial and ethnic minorities. The document must have 1" margins and use Times New Roman 12 point font.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member
One application will be selected and submitted to AAMC the agency deadline of May 3, 2013.