Research and Development in Medical Education
Interprofessional Education and Practice: Effective Interprofessional Practice
530 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco CA
Interprofessional Education and Practice Series
Effective Interprofessional Practice
Scott Reeves, PhD
Director, UCSF Center for Innovation in Interprofessional Education
Professor, Social and Behavioral Sciences
Hidelisa C. Manibusan, PT, DPT, MTC, CLT
Staff Physical Therapist
This workshop examines effective interprofessional practice – how different professions can work together in a coordinated manner to deliver safe and timely care to patients.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Identify and discuss crucial instances when interprofessional practice affects their clinical work
- Participate in a presentation exploring key issues related to working together in an effective interprofessional manner
- Engage in small group work which aims to provide ideas to enhance the quality of their interprofessional collaborative practice (which will be fed back to the larger group for discussion).
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues linked to effective interprofessional practice
- Apply interprofessional practice issues to their own collaborative work.
This workshop is one in a 12-part series covering fundamental issues in interprofessional education and practice. Workshops need not be taken in sequence.
The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The UCSF School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of two AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Course No. MGR13075